Thursday 26 March 2020

A constant across the seasons...

A constant across the seasons...

Over the past few years I have commuted to work through Greenwich Park. On the way to work I have often focused on an oak tree in the park which I found to be a stoic / monumental constant. I have always been meaning to do something with the photos I have taken of the tree and the effect changing of the changing of the seasons on it. The tree has always been an unchanging fixture with the environment around it in flux. This is everything from the sky, to the light around and the shadows cast by the tree and the colour of the grass. 

I was hoping to make this visual record as one image per month to produce a year of images albeit across a few years. What I found was there were some months like February where the atmospheric surrounds of the tree were simply stunning. I have limited myself to two images per month and also discovered that during the summer I wasn't as frequently photographing the park.

I must admit that this was finally prompted by the interesting exhibition Among the Trees which opened recently at the Hayward Gallery I wasn't entirely taken by all of the pieces in the show but it certainly made me think about trees and their place in the world.

Anyway here goes - hope you enjoy...


January 2018




January 2019


February 2019



February 2019



March 2018



March 2017

April 2019


April 2018



May 2018




May 2018


June 2017



July 2018



August 2018



September 2018



October 2019



November 2017




November 2017




December 2017

December 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment