Sunday 18 September 2011

my favourite eateries part 1...

Following my disappointment at watching my favourite reds (Liverpool) meekly capitulating to Spurs and an awful referee I thought I might cheer myself up by writing about my favourite Chinese restaurant in New Cross.
Uncle Wrinkle - (299 New Cross Road, London, SE14 6AS) http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/uncle-wrinkle-london -
has the best food and friendly staff that I have come across in my year living on the south side of the river near Deptford.
Set in a small cafe which features a display case exhibiting the owner's ceramics this restaurant is a hidden gem. Always greeted by a smiling face and helpful attitude I never hesitate to order my favourite dishes. Amongst the great tasting food on offer I am partial to Chicken with Lemon Grass sauce, Chicken with Barbecue sauce and Crispy Shredded Chicken with Chilli. I never fail to enjoy the subtle tastes and reasonable prices on offer in this great establishment.
Meals are available to take away or there are a few tables available to eat in. I cannot wait until it opens again after summer holidays on Wednesday evening (21 September).

No comments:

Post a Comment